Programs of Kimberly-Clark in the area of sustainability cover the whole spectrum of social, environmental and economic issues related to the Company’s business: from creation of workplaces and support of local communities to careful use of materials and waste reduction. Creating products which improve quality of human life, simultaneously Kimberly-Clark has a positive impact on the economic and social environment where it works.
Just some examples of the Company’s initiatives in the area of sustainable development and social responsibility in Eastern Europe:
Kimberly-Clark takes care of preservation of natural resources implementing different initiatives and environmental projects. Thus, the resource-saving program “Green Office” aimed at wastes reduction, arrangement of their separate collection and recycling was launched at Stupino mill. With active participation of employees, initiatives on recycling of plastic cups, paper reutilization for drafts, collection and utilization of used electric batteries and cartridges are being implemented at the mill.
Company’s management encourages initiatives and projects aimed at reduction of energy and water supply at our production facilities; for resource-saving purposes the Company installs advanced systems allowing effective recycling of products non-conforming to specifications for further use as second-hand raw materials.
Program Live Well: different programs for support of health and wellbeing, good work/life balance are provided for the Company’s personnel:
- Programs of voluntary medical insurance for employees and members of their families.
- Days of healthcare when an employee may not just take seasonal vaccination or support his/ her health with a tonic cocktail or fresh juice but undergo full eye diagnostics, pass a blood test, and take a consultation of specialized doctors at the workplace.
- Possibility of flexible working hours or distant work if such circumstance does not disturb job obligations of the employee, is approved by a manager as the most important thing for us at Kimberly-Clark is how efficiently an employee performs but not where and when he/ she does it.
Kimberly-Clark is a partner of different charitable organizations of Moscow and Moscow Region:
- Since 2008 the Company has been the major sponsor of the maternity department of Stupino Central Regional Clinical Hospital, making an annual contribution into development of its material and technical basis. Since 2010 the amount of sponsorship aid has composed more than 5 mln RUR.
- Within the frames of celebrating City Day of Stupino the Company annually organizers entertaining events and programs at city sites with the budget of about 1 mln RUR.
- In 2013 Stupino mill together with educational institutions of the city and the Youth Job Center of Stupino launched a new project: summer internship of senior students of Stupino Branch of Moscow State Aviation Technological University at the mill with an opportunity of potential employment in the future.
- In offices of Kimberly-Clark in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan the employees support and take an active part in actions arranged by the Company for voluntary collection of money, things, toys for orphans and families in need, preparation to New Year’s celebration in orphanages and hospitals for children, conducting there volunteer clean-ups and etc.
- The Company’s plans include participation in donor initiative for blood recovery for medical institutions and in different charity marathons with participation of our employees.